04 - November 2019
Joint tenants v tenants in common – Which you choose will depend on whether you’d like flexibility in allocating property income, and how you want your property to be passed on.
Posted by : Pro-Taxman
View : 228
Comment : 0
Joint tenants v tenants in common – Does it matter? There are two different ways of owning property jointly – as joint tenants or as tenants in common. The way in which the property is owned determines exactly who owns what and also what happens when one of the joint owners dies and how any […]
08 - October 2019
Failing to take your record keeping obligations seriously as a landlord could mean that you pay more tax than necessary, or worse that you could be on the receiving end of a penalty from HMRC.
Posted by : Pro-Taxman
View : 263
Comment : 0
Buying a property to let – the importance of keeping records from day one For tax purposes, good record keeping is essential. Without complete and accurate records, it will not be possible to provide correct details of taxable income or to benefit from allowable deductions. Aside from the risk of paying more tax than is […]
05 - October 2019
The delayed start date for the domestic reverse VAT charge has given businesses an extra year to prepare for the charge. We explain what you can do to prepare.
Posted by : Pro-Taxman
View : 996
Comment : 0
Domestic reverse VAT charge for building and construction services The domestic reverse VAT charge for building and construction services was due to come into effect from 1 October 2019. However, in early September it was announced that the start date had been put back one year. As a result, the charge will now apply from […]
03 - October 2019
Property Business – What SIC code should I use for my property Company ?
Posted by : Pro-Taxman
View : 4792
Comment : 1
A SIC code stands for Standard Industrial Classification code, and classifies your business activity at Companies House. SIC code for a company can be changed at any time and be amended when you file your next  Confirmation Statement. While forming a company to run your property business, you will be asked to provide SIC code […]
02 - October 2019
If you’ve read anything about property and tax, you’ll probably have heard the terms ‘nominating your main residence’ and ‘flipping’. This blog takes you exactly what these terms mean and how and when they apply.
Posted by : Pro-Taxman
View : 360
Comment : 0
Private residence relief shelters a gain on the sale of a residence from capital gains tax while the property has been the owner’s only or main residence. Where a property has been an only or main residence at some point, the final period of ownership (currently 18 months but reducing to nine months from 6 […]